Best Free Speech Practice (“BFSP”) is owned and overseen by DAFSC Ltd (registered in England, no. 14189200), a not-for-profit company dedicated to campaigning for free speech at UK universities and more widely. Registered office: 27 Old Gloucester St, London W1N 3AX. DAFSC has a group of free-speech-loving shareholders.
BFSP’s aims and work are described on this website.
Management of universities project
The English Universities project will be managed by a Committee consisting of lawyers, academics and free speech campaigners. Its current members are:
- William Mackesy was a senior international corporate and regulatory lawyer. He helped set up the Free Speech Champions, co-founded Alumni For Free Speech, and is co-founder of BFSP.
- Andrew Neish KC is a barrister based in London. He has a long-standing interest in free speech issues, co-founded Alumni For Free Speech and is co-founder of BFSP.
The English Universities project is also developing an Editorial and Advisory Board consisting of lawyers and academics, who are all UK university alumni. They are currently:
- Professor James Tooley is Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buckingham
- Professor Nigel Biggar has recently retired as Regius Professor of Moral and Pastoral Theology at the University of Oxford.
- Professor Dennis Hayes is Professor of Education at the University of Derby and the founder and director of the campaign group Academics For Academic Freedom.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.